2017 FALL HY-TECH CLUB
Hy-Tech Club is a free program for students in grades 7 through 12 who want to learn how to code. The Club meets on a weekly basis at Hyland Software's Global Headquarters in Westlake, Ohio. Check out this video to hear what some of our former students have to say about their Hy-Tech Club experience.
The meetings will be weekly on Tuesdays or Wednesdays, depending on which section you get in. More information about which section students would be considered for can be found under application information below.
The first meeting of the Fall semester will be September 19th or 20th 2017. The semester will run for 12 weeks and conclude in December 2017. Students should only apply if they can commit to weekly meetings.
Please note there are two separate applications for new students and former Hy-Tech Club Students. Students only need to submit one application. Instructions for each application are at the bottom of this page.
Students are required to complete all pieces of the application by Friday, September 1st 2017. All applications must be filled out by the student, in the student's own words. We are asking that parents do not fill out the application for their child.
NEW THIS YEAR: New Student Applicants will need to include a teacher recommendation in order to be considered. "New Student" means students who have never been in Hy-Tech Club before. Students who attended Hy-Tech Camp in the summer but were never in Hy-Tech Club are also considered "New Students."
Students will be notified (via the e-mail addresses on their application) whether or not they were accepted on Friday, September 8th 2017.
NEW STUDENT APPLICATION
- This application is for students who have not been in Hy-Tech Club before.
- Meetings for new students will be on Tuesday evenings from 5-7:30PM starting September 19th.
- THIS APPLICATION INCLUDES:
- Essay questions
1) Tell us why becoming a member of the Hy-Tech Club is important to you
2) Tell us 3 reasons why you want to learn how to code in the Hy-Tech Club
**We recommend typing your answers into Microsoft Word first, then pasting your answers into the form.
- Recommendation Letter from a current or former Teacher
1) Must be emailed to email@example.com by SEPTEMBER 1ST 2017
2) Must be signed by the Teacher in an e-mail attachment OR sent directly from the teacher's school e-mail address
3) Answers the prompt: "Please tell us why you think this student would be an exemplary member of Hy-Tech Club"
4) The letter does not need to speak to the student's technical skills and does not need to be longer than 2 paragraphs
5) The application can be submitted before the teacher recommendation is completed
NEW STUDENTS APPLY HERE
FORMER HY-TECH CLUB STUDENT APPLICATION
- This application is for students who have previously been active students in Hy-Tech Club
- In order to figure out which section you will be considered for, please see the below break down:
- Students coming out of PHP** will be considered for the Introduction to C# section which meets on Tuesday evenings from 5-7:30PM
- Students coming out of Introduction to C#** will be considered for the Advanced C# section which meets on Wednesday evenings from 5-7:30PM
- Students coming out of Advanced C# or Game Design** will be considered for the Introduction to WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation) section which meets on Wednesday evenings from 5-7:30PM
- **indicates we may recommend other Hy-Tech Club sections for you based on your experience throughout last semester
- THIS APPLICATION INCLUDES:
- Essay Questions:
1) Tell us how being a part of the Club has benefited you.
2) Tell us about your favorite experience working on a Hy-Tech Club project so far.
FORMER HY-TECH CLUB STUDENTS APPLY HERE